- Jason Nates' CNW Album - A Chicago & North Western Photo Album and more...
- Fallen Flags, Chicago & North Western - George Elwood, page of CNW photos
- Wayne Kahila C&NW Train Page - Photo's of the Chicago & North Western Railway taken by Wayne Kahila.
- Trainsnet - Pictures of the C&NW in Chicago
- Tom Farin C&NW Class E Pacific - Chicago & Northwestern Class E Pacific pictures and information. By Tom Farin
- Around Marshalltown on the C&NW - Around Marshalltown-The Shops- Rare Motive Power-Other Locations, All photos by Jim Sands
- Chicago & North Western #1000 - Chicago & North Western #1000 was the first 300 horsepower Diesel-electric built by ALCO, A developmental history of all AGEIR boxcabs is included on this link."
- Chicago, St. Paul, Minneapolis & Omaha Ry. - Chicago, St. Paul, Minneapolis & Omaha Ry. Locomotives as of the early 1950's, All Photos (but one) by Larry Bohn
- The Railroad Crossing - Pictures of the C&NW
- C&NW Milk Cars - C&NW Milk Cars being rebuilt.
- CNW INDEX Photos of the C&NW - Photos of the C&NW
- C&NW Railway Photos by Ted Ellis - The Upper Peninsula of Michigan in the mid '60's
- C&NW photos - Larry Mack's photos taken in the Chicago area
- Chicago and North Western Railway Company Photos - Farm Security Administration/Office of War Information Color Photographs
110 Records of the Chicago and North Western Railway Company .
- Chicago and North Western Railway - A breif history of the Chicago and North Western Railway
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
- Trains index of magazine articles - This link is C&NW articles
- Chicago & North Western Timetables Through the Years - presented by the Nat'l Assn. of Timetable Collectors
- The Railroad Network - Railroad Net has a C&NW forum, covers news, and other related subjects
- Utah Rail C&NW Diesels - "Diesels of the Chicago & North Western" by Paul K. Withers, Roster by Don Strack.
- Time magazine story - Time magazine story of the 400
- CNW diesel photo - A CNW Gallery of photos and a all time roster
- Dan's Wigwag Site - Wig Wag signals including the C&NW
- J. B. Calvert signal information - The Chicago & North Western Distant Signal Lamp
- Freight Customers Along the C&NW Northwest Line in Illinois - All-time listing of C&NW/UP freight customers on the Northwest Line from Chicago to Harvard, IL
- A CNW history - A Brief History of the Chicago and North Western Line published in 1942.
- American-Rails.com - The Chicago and North Western Railway, Route of the "400"
- C&NW Depot, Gilman Park, Pierce, Nebraska - Wikipedia,
- Heritage Historical Village New London, WI - The Train Depot that's located in the village is the former passenger train depot for the C&NW railroad
- Remnants of the Chicago & North Western - William J. Manon Jr. Remnants of the Chicago & North Western
- CNW Train Orders - Chicago NorthWestern Train Orders from the Ken Secrest collection.
- C&NW Track Charts - C&NW track charts.
- State Historical Society of Missouri - C&NW photos
- Railroad Data.com - A Railroad Data base has over 5000 railroad data base links
- Steam Locomotive dot Com - This site contains information on many steam engines. It has a search engine so you can look for your favorite railroad and engine.
- Surviving Steam Locomotives - A data base of steam locomotives
- The American Railroads - A Long and Storied History
- Iowa railroad ties - News letter put out by the Iowa Department of Transportation
- Operation Lifesaver - Operation Lifesaver web site
- Michigan Railroads. Com, Web page for Michigan - Covering all railroads in the state.
- Genealogy Today - A web site for railroad genealogy search.
- Railservice.com directory - A directory of rail links
- Historic Bridges of the United States - Interesting site of many bridges including CNW bridges in Wisconsin
- RR Picture Archives - Pictures of railroads, locations, locomotives, rolling stock, depots and more. Organized by country, railroad, location, date and subject.
- Railroad Parts: History for Kids - From America to Europe trains history and technology has advanced over several hundred years. One of the oldest forms of transportation, but yet to kids a new fast and rare mode of transportation. Kids can fill their yearning of knowledge for these powerful machines while building their imagination through the following history and facts.
- Train Horns web site - Train Travel: The First Transcontinental Railroad
- Maps showing depots - Over 8,700 surviving depots are plotted on dynamic Google maps.
- The History of Transportation - Amanda at the Brighter Futures Charter School found this interesting web site. Be sure you look at the old railroad pictures.
- John Marvig Bridge photography - Bridges in northern Iowa and southern Minnesota
- James E. Lancaster web site of CHATEAU MARTIN Wine Cars - CHATEAU MARTIN Wine Cars from 1940 to 1975 roster and pictures
- The Pullman State Historic Site - The Pullman State Historic Site
- Wisconsin State Historical Society Photograph Collections - A searchable collection of photos at the Wisconsin State Historical Society. The collections can be searched by keyword or category.
- Moving West: The History of the Transcontinental Railroad - Brief article with several clickable links to additional general rail history articles.
- Freight Car Gallery - Photographs of Canadian and American freight cars.
- Black Hills Central Tourist Railroad - Home of a C&NW Drovers Caboose and Two Tourist Cars
- Boone & Scenic Valley Railroad - The musem has several pieces of CGW and CNW rolling stock
- Railway Preservation News - An online magazine of preservation
- RAPPAHANNOCK CHAPTER - Welcome aboard the Rappahannock Chapter of the NRHS.
- Pierce Historical Society of Pierce Nebraska - The old depot of the Chicago & North Western Railway Company. Built in 1880.
Part of the Pierce museum complex,
- Time Line of Events of the Iowa Central - Compiled by Rev. Phil Borleske, Olds, Iowa
- Wisconsin History Link Directory - Wisconsin area links
- HISTORY OF GILLETT 1856 - 1976 - A breif histroy of Gillett Wisconsin
- National Railroad Museum - National Railroad Museum in Green Bay Wisc
- Redfield’s Historic Chicago & Northwestern Depot - Redfield’s South Dakota's Historic Chicago & Northwestern Depot
- End-O-Line Park at Currie, MN - A Chicago and Northwestern Depot, section house, turntable, and more
- Museum at New London WI. - New London has a well preserved C&NW depot, and a steel bay window caboose.
- Lake Superior Railroad Museum - Lake Superior Museum of Transportation, located in Duluth, MN. is one of the largest and most respected railroad museums in the country
- Baltimore & Ohio Railroad Museum - The Baltimore & Ohio Railroad Museum possesses the oldest, most historic and most comprehensive American railroad collections in the world.
- Sussex-Lisbon Area Historical Society - C. & N. W. Sussex Depot & Railway History
- Wheels Across the Prairie Museum -
- Minnesota Transportation Museum - Minnesota Transportation Museum web site
- The Fennimore Railroad Historical Society Museum - The Fennimore Railroad Historical Society Museum, home of the "Dinky". A CNW narrow gauge.
- Wisconsin History - Photos of the railroads of Wisconsin
- South Dakota History - Building the CNW Missouri River Bridge
- ILLINOIS RAILWAY MUSEUM - The home page of ILLINOIS RAILWAY MUSEUM at Union, IL
- CNW Depot Welcome MN. - Familyoldphotos.com
- Museum of Transportation in St. Louis Web site - Listing of all equipment
- Evanston, IL history - History of the Evanston, IL area
- Rails Around Michigan - A new book scheduled for publication in May 2010 about Michigan railroads. Chapter on Upper Peninsula includes photos of CNW and Alcos.
- South Dakota State Railroad Museum - This museum supports the preservation, education, promotion, and interactive interpretation of railroad equipment, memorabilia, and material specific to South Dakota.
- Craig Iowa Centennial - Some old photographs of the Craig C&NW depot
- Minnesota Railroad Stations Past & Present - Minnesota Railroad Stations Past & Present
- Iowa Railroad Historical Society - James H. Andrew Railroad Museum and History Center