- Fallen Flags, Chicago & North Western - George Elwood, page of CNW photos
- Wayne Kahila C&NW Train Page - Photo's of the Chicago & North Western Railway taken by Wayne Kahila.
- Trainsnet - Pictures of the C&NW in Chicago
- Around Marshalltown on the C&NW - Around Marshalltown-The Shops- Rare Motive Power-Other Locations, All photos by Jim Sands
- Chicago & North Western #1000 - Chicago & North Western #1000 was the first 300 horsepower Diesel-electric built by ALCO, A developmental history of all AGEIR boxcabs is included on this link."
- Chicago, St. Paul, Minneapolis & Omaha Ry. - Chicago, St. Paul, Minneapolis & Omaha Ry. Locomotives as of the early 1950's, All Photos (but one) by Larry Bohn
- The Railroad Crossing - Pictures of the C&NW
- C&NW Milk Cars - C&NW Milk Cars being rebuilt.
- C&NW Railway Photos by Ted Ellis - The Upper Peninsula of Michigan in the mid '60's
- C&NW photos - Larry Mack's photos taken in the Chicago area
- Chicago and North Western Railway Company Photos - Farm Security Administration/Office of War Information Color Photographs
110 Records of the Chicago and North Western Railway Company .
- Chicago and North Western Railway - A brief history of the Chicago and North Western Railway
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
- Chicago & North Western Timetables Through the Years - presented by the Nat'l Assn. of Timetable Collectors (Search for Chicago and North Western)
- The Railroad Network - Railroad Net has a C&NW forum, covers news, and other related subjects
- Utah Rail C&NW Diesels - "Diesels of the Chicago & North Western" by Paul K. Withers, Roster by Don Strack.
- Time magazine story - Time magazine story of the 400
- CNW diesel photo - A CNW Gallery of photos and a all time roster
- Dan's Wigwag Site - Wig Wag signals including the C&NW
- J. B. Calvert signal information - The Chicago & North Western Distant Signal Lamp
- Freight Customers Along the C&NW Northwest Line in Illinois - All-time listing of C&NW/UP freight customers on the Northwest Line from Chicago to Harvard, IL
- A CNW history - A Brief History of the Chicago and North Western Line published in 1942.
- American-Rails.com - The Chicago and North Western Railway, Route of the "400"
- C&NW Depot, Gilman Park, Pierce, Nebraska - Wikipedia,
- Heritage Historical Village New London, WI - The Train Depot that's located in the village is the former passenger train depot for the C&NW railroad
- Remnants of the Chicago & North Western - William J. Manon Jr. Remnants of the Chicago & North Western
- CNW Train Orders - Chicago NorthWestern Train Orders from the Ken Secrest collection.
- C&NW Track Charts - C&NW track charts.
- State Historical Society of Missouri - C&NW photos
- CStPM&O Train Orders - Omaha Road train orders from the Ken Secrest collection.
- Litchfield and Madison - Litchfield and Madison train orders from the Ken Secrest collection.
- Sioux City and Pacific Train Orders - Sioux City and Pacific (part of CNW) train orders from the Ken Secrest collection.
- Passenger Car Photos - Photos of passenger cars from several railroads, including CNW/CMO.
- Alton and Southern - Brief history of the Alton and Southern Railroad
- Litchfield and Madison - A brief history of a predecessor road of the Litchfield and Madison
- Black Hills Central Tourist Railroad - Home of a C&NW Drovers Caboose and Two Tourist Cars
- Boone & Scenic Valley Railroad - The musem has several pieces of CGW and CNW rolling stock
- Railway Preservation News - An online magazine of preservation
- Rappahannock Railroad Museum - The Rappahannock Railroad Museum provides education to the public in regard to Railroads, railroad lines and related events.
- Pierce Historical Society of Pierce Nebraska - The old depot of the Chicago & North Western Railway Company. Built in 1880.
Part of the Pierce museum complex,
- Time Line of Events of the Iowa Central - Compiled by Rev. Phil Borleske, Olds, Iowa
- HISTORY OF GILLETT 1856 - 1976 - A breif histroy of Gillett Wisconsin
- National Railroad Museum - National Railroad Museum in Green Bay Wisc
- Redfield’s Historic Chicago & Northwestern Depot - Redfield’s South Dakota's Historic Chicago & Northwestern Depot
- End-O-Line Park at Currie, MN - A Chicago and Northwestern Depot, section house, turntable, and more
- Museum at New London WI. - New London has a well preserved C&NW depot, and a steel bay window caboose.
- Lake Superior Railroad Museum - Lake Superior Museum of Transportation, located in Duluth, MN. is one of the largest and most respected railroad museums in the country
- Baltimore & Ohio Railroad Museum - The Baltimore & Ohio Railroad Museum possesses the oldest, most historic and most comprehensive American railroad collections in the world.
- Sussex-Lisbon Area Historical Society - C. & N. W. Sussex Depot & Railway History
- Wheels Across the Prairie Museum - Railroad museum in Tracy, MN
- Minnesota Transportation Museum - Minnesota Transportation Museum web site
- The Fennimore Railroad Historical Society Museum - The Fennimore Railroad Historical Society Museum, home of the "Dinky". A CNW narrow gauge.
- Wisconsin History - Photos of the railroads of Wisconsin
- South Dakota History - Building the CNW Missouri River Bridge
- ILLINOIS RAILWAY MUSEUM - The home page of ILLINOIS RAILWAY MUSEUM at Union, IL
- Museum of Transportation in St. Louis Web site - Listing of all equipment
- Evanston, IL history - History of the Evanston, IL area
- Rails Around Michigan - A book about Michigan railroads. Chapter on Upper Peninsula includes photos of CNW and Alcos.
- South Dakota State Railroad Museum - This museum supports the preservation, education, promotion, and interactive interpretation of railroad equipment, memorabilia, and material specific to South Dakota.
- Minnesota Railroad Stations Past & Present - Minnesota Railroad Stations Past & Present
- Iowa Railroad Historical Society - James H. Andrew Railroad Museum and History Center
- Spooner Railroad Museum - The Spooner Railroad Museum is a former Omaha Road depot built in 1902.
- Kelley Duford's - This site is a little project of mine to showcase some of the H.O. scale model railroad locomotives I have built for myself and others.
- C&NW N gauge railroad - Modeling the Tap Creek Branch by Lennart Svedberg,
- Zachow, Wisconsin Historic Project - The Zachow Project will build an exact replica of the C&NW Standard #3 depot from the town and display a miniature diorama of the town inside the depot as it existed in the mid to late 1940s
- Union Station Products - LIGHTWEIGHT PASSENGER CAR SIDES AND RELATED PARTS