Introducing the CNWHS Modeler!
The CNWHS Modeler is a PDF magazine which may be enjoyed digitally or in print. The magazine will be produced several times a year, modeling stories are welcome.
Please send questions, comments, corrections, and additions to firstname.lastname@example.org
In Vol. 10 Issue 2:
- Building the Tama Depot
- Building a 1970s Grain Boxcar Fleet Part 7 - Modeling Former CGW Cars
- Essential Businesses Part 8 - Junk & Salvage Yards
- Chicago & North Western Pride Gondolas
- Freight House Photos From the CNWHS Archive
- CGW Caboose Information
In Vol. 10 Issue 1:
- Building a 1970s Grain Boxcar Fleet: Part 6 Modeling Former M&StL Cars
- Essential Businesses: Part 7 LPG Dealers
- High Pressure Tank Cars
- Ammonia and the Railroads
- From the CNWHS Archives
- C&NW Grain Covered Hoppers in S Scale
Volumes 1 through 9 are available through the CNWHS online store.
- HO FtDDM&S & DM&CI Two Sheet Microscale Decal Set -Version 3 – 2012 - This two sheet decal lettering set covers the Fort Dodge, Des Moines & Southern and Des Moines & Central Iowa locomotives (Diesel and steam), cabooses, and selected rolling stock. A colored multi page instruction sheet with images and more information is included.
The HO FtDDM&S & DM&CI two sheet decal set is $12.00 plus $2.00 for packaging and mailing in the U.S. For more information and ordering please contact me, John Harker, P.O. Box 703, Ames, Iowa, 50010, phone: 515-520-7400, email: email@example.com.
- HO M&StL Red Diesels & Cabooses - Two Sheet Microscale Decal Set - This limited edition set includes a decal sheet for lettering the red diesel schemes and a sheet for the pre and post 1956 wood cupola and bay window cabooses.
The M&StL red diesel decal sheet covers F units (F3s and F7s), GP9s, ALCo RS-1s, and SD7s. Unit numbers are included, along with the white side bands, and GP9 pilot striping. An insert for the nose herald of the SD7 has been added. A color instruction sheet is included.
The M&StL caboose decal sheet was specifically designed to letter the pre and post 1956 wood cupola and bay window cabooses. The pre 1956 multi colored herald was designed from scratch to match the prototype. All lettering and numbers are to scale. White safety end striping panels have been included for the post 1956 bay window cabooses.
The HO M&StL Red Diesel and Caboose two sheet limited edition set is $14.00 plus $2.00 for packaging and mailing in the U.S. For inquiries and ordering please contact me, John Harker, P.O. Box 703, Ames, Iowa, 50010, phone: 515-520-7400, email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Vilas County Lumber Co. - Vilas County Lumber Co.
CMO model railroad structure plan-sets designed in CAD
- Rio Grande Models 1/3/15 - Looking for unique parts here is a link to Rio Grande Models 1/3/15
- HRM Laser Models - HRM Laser Models maker of laser cut wood buildings
- Yarmouth Model Works - Yarmouth Model Works, they have some very nice detail parts
- CNW Model Railroad Plan Set by Vilas County Lumber Company - CNW Model Railroad Plan Set by Vilas County Lumber Company
- New M&STL decal 11/15/13 - New M&STL decal for the black open hopper, from Mask Island Decals. Watch for new releases 11/15/13
- Union Station HO passenger car sides - Passenger cars sides in HO by Union station
- Sunset Models O scale H-1 - Sunset Models O scale H-1 in stock.
- Scale model works, a new modeling company making loads 8/4/13 - Scale model works, a new modeling company making loads 8/4/13
- Accurail home page, maker of many CNWHS cars - Accurail home page, maker of many CNWHS cars
- ExactRail - HO cars in the C&NW family
- Trainworx. - N scale CGW trailers by Trainworx.
- Blueford Shops - Blueford Shops new CGW transfer caboose
- Engine House Services - CNW #2 depot, laser cut kit
- Lake Junction Models - Lake Junction Models feature laser cut wood C&NW structures
- Tomar Industries - Passenger car drumheads
- Depots by John - C&NW buildings and parts
- Scale Reproductions - Ballast Ground Cover Details Decals Trees