Welcome to the CNWHS Photo Gallery!

The C&NWHS invites you to post C&NW and related railroad photos. Like to add your photos?


CNW FP-7 #217 Oelwein, Ia..jpg
FP7 217 Oelwein, Ia.1911 viewsCNW FP7 #217 is all serviced and ready to lead next mornings "South Local" to Marshalltown as it waits out the night in Oelwein, Iowa. Photo taken in November of 1980 by R J Williams
CNW #217 Oelwein, Ia..jpg
FP7 217 Oelwein, Iowa2212 viewsCNW FP7 #217 (ex CGW #116A) is the lead unit today on the Oelwein to Marshalltown "South Local" . This unit has been preserved and was returned to it's former CGW paint and number, and can still be found today in Oelwein on display. Photo taken in November of 1980 by R J Williams
258.JPG
FP7 258 Waseca, MN1955 viewsFormer MKT FP7A #258 is one of several F-units purchased from PNC during 1971. 258 was photographed at Waseca, MN on 3-5-72. Ed Kanak photo/Mike Guss collection
116A.jpg
FP7 CGW 116A2283 viewsCGW 116A is located in Olwein Iowa and is on display. When merged into the C&NW, the 116A was numbered 217. Later it was restored to its original number and paint scheme.
14A#4054_F_unit_no_info.jpg
FP9 4054A Chicago, IL606 viewsFP9A 4054A was upgraded from FTA by EMD in 1955. Originally built in 1945. C. Shannon collection.
4404-Butler-1-16-99.jpg
GP15-1 44041994 viewsGP15-1 4404 is switching a drag of cars at the south end of the Butler, WI yard. Bob Baker photo, 1-16-1999
4415-Duck-Creek-5-14-82.jpg
GP15-1 4415 Duck Creek, WI2047 viewsThe westbound Shawano Turn pulled by GP15-1 4415, is west of Duck Creek. Bob Baker photo, 5-14-1982.
GP-18 #1776 Oelwein, Ia..jpg
GP18 1776 Oelwein, IA.1604 viewsGP18 #1776 is parked at Oelwein, Iowa in November of 1982. Photo by R J Williams
CNW1776_1981_03_PROVISO.jpg
GP18 1776 Proviso, IL1396 viewsGP18 1776 basks in the sunlight on the south side of the engine facility at Proviso. Note the blue paint on its fuel tank, a remnant of the years it spent as the C&NW's bicentennial locomotive. Photo taken in Spring 1981. Photo and scan by Mike Barton.
1776-W.Chgo.jpg
GP18 1776 West Chicago, IL1994 viewsGP 18ís 1774-1779 were built in 1960. The 1776 was painted in the bi-centennial color scheme in the Fall of 1975 and was repainted back to green and yellow a couple of years later. Photo taken in 1976, submitted by J. H. Yanke.

1778_CNW.jpg
GP18 1778 St. Paul, MN1214 viewsPhoto taken May 13, 1979 at St. Paul, MN. DickTalbott photo.
CGW206_1964_CNWGallery.jpg
GP30 206 Ingalton, IL558 viewsIn summer of 1964, a quartet of nearly new CGW GP 30's is ready to leave the small yard at Ingalton, IL, west of Chicago. A stop for nearly every westbound to pick up and set out transfer with the EJ&E. Photo by Tom Zorko
583 files on 49 page(s) 11