Welcome to the CNWHS Photo Gallery!

The C&NWHS invites you to post C&NW and related railroad photos. Like to add your photos?


Most viewed - Archive photos
Roundhouse-40th-Chgo.jpg
Roundhouse – Diesel Shop Chicago, IL2864 viewsA 1950's view of the 40th Street Yards, shops, diesel ramp, roundhouse, and coaling towers. C&NW Historical Society Archives collection.
Wood-Street-Chgo.jpg
Wood Street Yard Chicago, IL2635 viewsA 1920’s view of the Wood Street Terminal also known as the “Potato Yard.” C&NW Historical Society Archives collection.
Green-Bay--1950_s.jpg
Green Bay, WI2386 viewsA view of the station, a Chicago-bound streamliner and the freight house on Dousman Street. Photo from the C&NW Public Relations Department, circa 1950. C&NW Historical Society Archives collection.

Mankato-1942.jpg
No. 419 "Minnesota 400" Mankato, MN2292 viewsWestbound Minnesota 400 exhibition train at Mankato on January 4, 1942. C&NW Public Relations Department photo. C&NW Historical Society Archives collection.
Deadwood--SG-+-NG-10-8-14.jpg
Deadwood, South Dakota2290 viewsA view of the standard and narrow gauge track at Deadwood. Stecher photo, 10-8-1914. C&NW Historical Society Archives collection.

Crossing-Tower-Ir-Mt-11-62.jpg
Crossing Tower Iron Mountain, MI2287 viewsThis two-story tower was photographed by Ed Selinsky, 11-02-1962. C&NW Historical Society Archives collection.

2567-Antigo.jpg
Antigo, WI2259 viewsClass JA 2-8-2 engine 2567 is pulling a freight through the yard in Antigo. C&NW Historical Society Archive collection
Antigo-1914.jpg
Antigo, WI2184 viewsNorthbound train, next to the depot, meets a southbound on the siding at Antigo. Strecher photo, Apr 30, 1914. C&NW Historical Society Archives collection.

Chicago-Diesel-Shop-2.jpg
Chicago Diesel Shop Building M19-A2182 viewsOne of the two V-12 engines is being installed into E7 5008A after repairs were made. C&NW Public Relations Department photo. C&NW Historical Society Archives collection.

Proviso-Frt-Hse.jpg
Proviso Freight Transfer House Proviso, IL2180 viewsThe freight House had a capacity of 700 cars. When the freight house was built, it was the largest LCL freight transfer facility in the world. The freight house was dismantled in 1958. C&NW Historical Society Archives collection.

Wyeville-circa-1917.jpg
Wyeville, WI2152 viewsThis early view of Wyeville looks northwest toward Eau Claire. The Sparta to Milwaukee line crosses here. Photo circa 1917. C&NW Historical Society Archives collection.


Erie-St.-1949.jpg
Chicago, IL2149 viewsOverhead view of suburban equipment at the Erie Street Coach Yard. CNW Public Relations Department photo, 3-1949. C&NW Historical Society Archives collection.

129 files on 11 page(s) 1