Welcome to the CNWHS Photo Gallery!

The C&NWHS invites you to post C&NW and related railroad photos. Like to add your photos?


Most viewed - Archive photos
877-Pelican-Lake-7-40~0.jpg
Pelican Lake, WI2012 viewsClass R engine 877 on the turntable at Pelican Lake. Photo taken 7- 1940. C&NWHS Historical Society Archives collection.
Monico-Junction.jpg
Monico Junction, WI2011 viewsMonico Junction is on the Ashland Division. The route going north out of Antigo split here for Watersmeet or for Ashland. C&NW Historical Society Archives collection.
Milwaukee-1953~1.jpg
Milwaukee, WI2009 viewsNew SD7’s, 1663 and 1664, at Chase Roundhouse. New equipment was received in Wisconsin account of no sales tax at this time. Photo from the C&NW Public Relations Department, May, 1953. C&NW Historical Society Archives collection.

Jeff-Jct-1953.jpg
No. 601 Jefferson Junction, WI2003 viewsNo. 601, a Milwaukee to Madison passenger train pulled by GP7 1524, is approaching the platform at the Jefferson Junction station. This 1953 photo is from the C&NW Historical Society Archives collection.
Dakota-Junction-10-14.jpg
Dakota Junction, NE1995 viewsDakota Junction is 5 miles west of Chadron. The line splits here for Casper or Rapid City. Stecher photo, 10-1914. C&NW Historical Society Archives collection.

1507-Sheb-4-28-73.jpg
Unit Coal Train Sheboygan, WI1992 viewsA Sheboygan Yard crew with the 1507, a rebuilt Baldwin, has pick up loads of coal at the C. Reiss Coal Company docks and is delivering them to the Edgewater Plant. The photo, taken 4-28-1973, shows the train crossing 9th Street. C&NW Historical Society Archives collection.
DeKalb-8-20-48.jpg
DeKalb, IL1987 viewsRoundhouse at DeKalb photographed August 20, 1948. C&NW Historical Society Archives collection.
1st-514-DesPlaines-1947.jpg
No. 514 “The Victory” Des Plaines, IL1981 viewsThe first section of No. 514, with two RPO cars, passes through Des Plaines, IL. Bill Marshall photo, 1947. C&NW Historical Society Archives collection.
Summit-Lake.jpg
Summit Lake, WI1975 viewsSummit Lake is located north of Antigo on the Ashland Division. Photo taken in 1920. C&NW Historical Society Archive collection
500-MX-1947.jpg
No. 500 “Capitol 400” Madison, WI1966 viewsNo. 500 passes Tower MX after departing Madison. Bill Marshall photo, 1947. C&NW Historical Society Archives collection.

Grn-Bay-4-4-46.jpg
No. 167 "Shoreland 400" Green Bay, WI1964 viewsSunday only No. 167 is on the double main track between Tavil and Broadway Tower. It has crossed over South Broadway and the Mason Street grade crossings and passed through the GB&W rail crossing interlocking at Mason Street. It will be at the depot in seconds. That is the Fairmont Dairy in the back ground and the "cheese house.” Brad Kniskern photo, April, 1946. C&NW Historical Society Archives collection.
Pt-Wash-1527.jpg
Eastbound Passenger Train Port Washington, WI1961 viewsClass E Pacific 1527 is stopped at the Port Washington depot. C&NW Historical Society Archives collection.

129 files on 11 page(s) 5