Welcome to the CNWHS Photo Gallery!

The C&NWHS invites you to post C&NW and related railroad photos. Like to add your photos?


Most viewed - Structures
CPT-7--Power-Hse-5-72.jpg
Chicago Passenger Terminal2766 viewsF7 4085C, departing with a three-car scoot, pulls through the Lake Street Interlocking Plant. Behind the train is the Power House which supplied heat to all the Terminal buildings. Bob Baker photo, 5-1972.
Third-Ward-Milwaukee.jpg
Third Ward Yards Milwaukee, WI2666 viewsThis photo taken off the Milwaukee River Bridge shows the coaling tower, roundhouse, Chicago-bound Budd RDC cars, and tower. The interlocking switches were controlled by the bridge operator. The tower was used by the signal maintainers. Photo, circa 1953, J. D. Ingle’s collection, submitted by J. H. Yanke
Antigo-8-78.jpg
Depot Antigo, WI2607 viewsThe Antigo depot was also the headquarters for the Ashland Division. Jerrold F. Hilton photo, 8-1978. Collection of Bob Baker.
CPT-9--Clinton--5-80.jpg
Chicago Passenger Terminal2539 viewsOutbound scoot with an F7 unit pulls by the Clinton Street Interlocking. Bob Baker photo, 5-1980.

Appleton-Jct-12-73.jpg
Depot Appleton Junction, WI2519 viewsAppleton Junction was on the south side of the city of Appleton. The north/south Lakeshore Division line crossed the east/west Ashland Division line. Chuck Porter photo, 12-1973. Collection of Bob Baker
Baraboo.jpg
Depot Baraboo, WI2505 viewsNo. 518, the Dakota 400, is departing the Baraboo depot. This depot once served as the headquarters of the Madison Division. Russ Porter photo, circa 1955. Submitted by Bob Baker.
Coal-Chute-Waukegan-1956.jpg
Coal Chute Waukegan, IL2447 viewsThis coal chute is just about ready for retirement. The use of steam engines on the C&NW came to an end in 1956. Photographed in Waukegan, 9-1956. Submitted by J. H. Yanke
cnwstast.jpg
Chicago Passenger Terminal: 1995 Overview2330 viewsThe view of the Chicago Passenger Terminal on September 18, 1995, from the Sears Tower, has the C&NW Station Switcher adding a bit of color.
Photo by Bill Hakkarinen
Cly-Jct.-4-71.jpg
Depot Clyman Junction, WI2327 viewsLooking north, the Butler to Adams main line runs east and west and the Janesville to Fond du Lac line runs south to north. There were three wyes here, one running in front of the depot. Photo taken 4-1971. Bob Baker collection.
CPT-4--6-81.jpg
Chicago Passenger Terminal2319 viewsTrain indicator board at gate entrance for the train shed. Bob Baker photo, 6-1981
Green-Bay-2-74.jpg
Depot Green Bay, WI2297 viewsThe Green Bay depot was also the headquarters of the Lakeshore Division. The building is used today as a micro-brewery and restaurant. Bob Ferge photo, 2-1974. Collection of Bob Baker.

B&OCNW.jpg
Chicago Passenger Terminal: B&O Tenant, 19702270 viewsB&O's Capitol Limited at the bumper post, Summer, 1970, during the period when Madison Street Station also was host to B&O's Chicago passenger trains. Photo by Charles Hakkarinen. Submitted by Bill Hakkarinen.
360 files on 30 page(s) 3